Audio Mastering Services Agreement
STELLAR SOUND LABS
63 TAFT AVENUE, PROVIDENCE, RI • 401-753-3775
We appreciate that You want Us to provide Audio Mastering services for You. Our success together depends on clear communication and expectations. Please contact us if any of our policies below cause issue for you.
This Audio Services “Agreement” is made and effective today between STELLAR SOUND LABS, (“We” and “Us”), a company organized and existing under the laws of State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations with its head office located at 63 Taft Avenue, Providence, RI 02906 and the Client engaging Us for services (“You” and “Your”). In consideration of the covenants below, and other good and valuable consideration, both parties agree to the following.
This AGREEMENT applies to the current project for which You have engaged us for audio engineering services. Terms discussed up until now are based on information You have provided us up to this point in time. Any additional agreed-upon services provided after the date written above may require additional fees and/or changes in scheduling.
SERVICES & DELIVERABLES
- We will provide all audio engineering services requested on your invoice and within the timeframe stated.
- ISSUES & ACCIDENTS. We try REALLY HARD to complete projects quickly and on-time. RARELY a terribly technical problem occurs, or something completely out of our control. Only in these cases we cannot "100% guarantee" timeframe for completion estimates.
- After We have reviewed your files, if We feel that there are any issues or additional services needed outside the scope of our discussions, We will discuss with You.
- ALL COMMUNICATION whether in person, on phone, or online, shall be between Mark and ONE person in Your ensemble. Please designate that person now.
- ALL BACK-AND-FORTH NOTES ARE DONE BY EMAIL ONLY. Keeping it in writing avoids confusion. This means that We may not be able accommodate requests sent by verbal, SMS, IM, or other means.
- PROPER FILES. To provide services, We need the highest resolution stereo WAV/AIF of your audio files available from your previous audio engineering stage and WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL PROCESSING OR UPSAMPLING. ALL FILES FOR SUBMISSION MUST BE PREPARED ACCORDING TO OUR MASTERING PREP SHEET.
- TIMELY RESPONSES (within 48 hours) to our requests for project direction, reference tracks, etc. Failure to reply to our communications within 48 hours means that the project is considered finished (see COMPLETION-FINAL ACCEPTANCE below).
- TELL US YOUR DEADLINES in advance so We can schedule accordingly. Times stated for back-and-forth turnaround begin once We have determined that your files comply.
You agree to follow the following schedule when making payments to Stellar Sound Labs for services promised or rendered:
- INVOICE. We will provide You with a written invoice the services you request including costs, scope of work, and timeframe for completion.
- WE WILL NOT BEGIN performing services until You have provided us with all necessary media files and instructions.
- DELIVERY. High-resolution files stated on the invoice will be delivered after final payment has cleared. Your order must be paid in full BEFORE We deliver any high-resolution files of our work to You.
- REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS FOR ANY REASON. You have three (3) Business Days from the date You acknowledge this Agreement to request a full refund of any Deposit or Payment tendered UNLESS services have been rendered. Once Services have been rendered, any payments tendered become non-refundable. You will provide any requests for cancellation by email only.
- ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT. We do not accept checks. We accept the following forms of Payment:
- Credit Card (via Stripe)
- PayPal (via Braintree)
- Venmo to email@example.com
- Cash in US Dollars presented in person
- U.S. Money Order in person or by mail
- FINAL ACCEPTANCE. A project is COMPLETE when either 1. We have received your approval of our work with no further requests, or 2. We sent you an Output of the Full Mix and 48 hours has passed since we last heard from you, in which case We will consider the project complete and proceed to create Your final outputs and invoice.
- ADDITIONAL EDITING. After Final Acceptance, any further requests for services will be considered 'Additional Editing' and billed separately.
- DELIVERY. PAYMENT FOR ALL SERVICES MUST BE MADE IN FULL before delivery of Final Product. Once your payment clears, We will, within one (1) Business Day, send your files to you via electronic transfer or a download link.
- BACKUPS. Please maintain your own backups. We cannot not be held responsible for data loss after a project has been delivered to You.
Please credit our services as one of the following:
- Mastering Engineer: Mark James Scetta
- Audio Mastering by Mark James Scetta at Stellar Sound Labs
YOU WARRANT THAT YOU HOLD THE FULL LEGAL RIGHTS to use all media that you give to Us to use in a manner aligned with the scope of the project. You hereby indemnify and hold Us harmless for any loss, damage, or liability for any infringement of any rights arising from the use/sale/licensing of audio/visual material that You provide to Us for purposes of performing Our services.
PROMOTION. Upon completion of Our services to You, You allow us to post and publish short audio segments of your musical works (under 1 minute in length) before and after mastering on Our internet channels for portfolio and promotion purposes. You allow us to use depictions of the project (and associated photos, logos, etc.) for promotional purposes at Our discretion. If any of these policies could cause issue for you, it is your responsibility to request otherwise.
DISCLAIMER. While we will perform our services in a professional and workmanlike manner, consistent with industry standards, we cannot guarantee the success of the project. Therefore, all warranties, express or implied, including any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and non-infringement, are hereby disclaimed.
THANK YOU for trusting Stellar Sound Labs with your music. Please call or Email us with any questions or concerns.