Music Mastering Terms of Service
STELLAR SOUND LABS
63 TAFT AVENUE, PROVIDENCE, RI • 401-753-3775
AUDIO MASTERING TERMS OF SERVICE
We appreciate that You want Us to provide Audio Mastering services for You. Our success together depends on clear communication and expectations. Please contact us if any of our policies below cause issue for you.
StellarSoundLabs.com provides musical artists with professional audio engineering services and educational content. Our mission is to empower musical artists to realize their artistic dreams.
StellarSoundLabs.com provides audio engineering services and education. Any information provided is intended for educational purposes only and is not to be construed as advice or recommendations.
- OUR PROMISE TO YOU. We want you to be 100% satisfied with Our work. We promise to always perform consistently high-quality work and to quickly correct any issues under our control.
- SERVICES. We will provide all audio engineering services requested on your invoice within the quoted timeframe. After We have reviewed Your files, if We feel that there are any issues or additional services needed outside the scope of our discussions, We will discuss with You.
- DELIVERY TIMEFRAME of final, high-resolution files depends upon the complexity of the job, its position in our queue, and the number of outputs and revisions requested by the client. We prioritize quality over expediency.
- ISSUES & ACCIDENTS. We try REALLY HARD to complete projects on-time and on-budget. Rarely, something completely out of our control prevents us from doing this. Thus We cannot be held liable for completion of services under the terms and timeframe specified but We will do everything in our power to fulfill Our promise and Agreement to You.
- ALL COMMUNICATION whether in person, on phone, or online, shall be between Us and only ONE person in Your ensemble. Please designate that person now.
- ALL REVISIONS MUST BE COMMUNICATED BY EMAIL ONLY. Keeping it in writing avoids confusion. We may NOT be able to accommodate requests sent by verbal, SMS, direct messaging, or other means.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO US
- You will prepare all files for submission according to our MASTERING PREP SHEET. All submitted audio files must be of the highest available uncompressed audio resolution from their previous stage of production and WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL PROCESSING OR UPSAMPLING.
- You will TELL US YOUR DEADLINES in advance so We can schedule accordingly. Times stated for back-and-forth turnaround begin once We have determined that your files comply.
- You will give us TIMELY RESPONSES (within 48 hours) to our requests for project direction, reference tracks, etc. Failure to reply to our communications within 48 hours means that the project is considered FINISHED (see COMPLETION-FINAL ACCEPTANCE below).
You agree to follow the following schedule when making payments to Stellar Sound Labs for services promised or rendered:
- ESTIMATE. Upon request, We will provide You with a written estimate in good faith of the services you request including costs, scope of work, and timeframe for completion. This estimate is subject to change.
- WE WILL NOT BEGIN performing services until payment has been received and You have provided us with all media files and instructions.
- DELIVERY. High-resolution files stated on the invoice will be delivered only AFTER final payment has cleared. Your order must be paid in full BEFORE We deliver ANY high-resolution files to You.
- REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS FOR ANY REASON. You have three (3) Business Days from the first payment submission to request a full refund of any Deposit or Payment tendered UNLESS services have been rendered. Once Services have been rendered, any payments tendered become non-refundable. You will provide any requests for cancellation in writing by email only.
- PRIVACY. Stellar Sound Labs does not personally retain any of your payment details.
- ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT. We reserve the right to accept or reject payment in any form. We do not accept checks. We accept the following forms of Payment:
- Credit Card
- PayPal to email@example.com
- Venmo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash in US Dollars presented in person
- U.S. Money Order in person or by mail
- ACH bank transfer
- Bank wire (fees prepaid)
COMPLETION & DELIVERY
- FINAL ACCEPTANCE. A project is COMPLETE when either
- We have received your approval of our work with no further requests, or
- We sent you a high-resolution output and 48 hours has passed since we last heard from you, in which case We will consider the project complete and deliver Your final outputs and invoice.
- ADDITIONAL EDITING. After Final Acceptance, any further requests for services will be considered 'Additional Editing' and billed separately at our standard hourly rate.
- DELIVERY. PAYMENT FOR ALL SERVICES MUST BE MADE IN FULL before delivery of Final Product. Once your payment clears, We will provide you with link to download your files within one (1) business day.
- BACKUPS. Please maintain your own backups. We will not be held responsible for data loss after a project has been delivered to You.
Please credit our services as one of the following:
- Audio Mastering by Mark James Scetta at Stellar Sound Labs
- Mastering Engineer: Mark James Scetta
By engaging us for services, you agree to the terms in this document including the following:
YOU WARRANT THAT YOU HOLD THE FULL LEGAL RIGHTS to use all media that you give to Us to use in a manner aligned with the scope of the project. You hereby indemnify and hold Us harmless for any loss, damage, or liability for any infringement of any rights arising from the use/sale/licensing of audio/visual material that You provide to Us.
OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. You acknowledge that the content of Our website is provided for your personal education only and subject to copyright and may not be copied, reproduced, rebroadcast, or commercially exploited in all or any part.
DISCLAIMER. While we will perform our services in a professional and workmanlike manner, consistent with industry standards, we cannot guarantee the success of the project. Therefore, all warranties, express or implied, including any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and non-infringement, are hereby disclaimed.
PROMOTION. If you disagree with any of the following, please let us know in writing and we will desist. Upon completion of Our services to You:
- You allow us to publish short audio segments of your audio (under 1 minute in length) "before" and "after" mastering on Our internet channels for portfolio and promotion purposes.
- You allow us to use depictions of the project including associated photos, logos, etc. for promotional purposes at Our discretion.
Stellar Sound Labs is based in the United States of America and orders are transacted in US dollars. Our Web hosting company is SiteGround.com +1 800-828-9231. We are located at 63 Taft Avenue, Providence, RI 02906. Our phone number for customer service is +1 401-753-3775 but please note that inquiries and issues must be sent in writing to admin@StellarSoundLabs.com
THANK YOU for trusting Stellar Sound Labs with your music. We are happy to be a partner on your musical journey! Please call or Email to let us know how we can serve you better.